Thursday, December 29, 2016
When I finished that last post in November I felt like I could have written daily for another 30 days. It had become habit, or so I thought. Instead a day, two days, a week tick tokked by without a single blog post.
I could give you 50 reasons why, okay maybe 10 or 5...
1. I'm processing a mess of old shit that keeps cycling back into my life. You know that sort of stuff that you know you will likely have to deal with for the rest of your life and the only solace seems to be that it gets just a tiny bit easier to face every time.
2. Reason number one triggered a deeepressssive episooooode which left me shuffling through mental goo for a solid three weeks. It took me the first two to figure let go of the "Oh, I can manage this. Nothing to see here," attitude and I finally sought help...and YAY, therapy!
3. It's winter. It's dark by like 4:30 and my brain seems to be on the same cycle as the sun.
4. I've had a couple of weeks where I've had no real obligations other than the day jobs and feeding the cat. It has been rather nice. The days where I have had a thought about maybe writing a blog post it was quickly followed by the thought, "Well, maybe later today...or not ever."
5. I'm really, really, really freaking tired. So I've been giving myself permission to stop doing things when I have used up the small amount of energy I seem to have right now.
Today though I wanted to write. The new moon seemed as good a day as any to start clickety clacking words out again. So here I am. Hello, how are you?
I suppose you can expect an end of the year post soon.