|Miss Pickles - Perfecting the art|
of doing nothing
"In this media-drenched, data-rich, channel-surfing, computer-gaming age, we have lost the art of doing nothing, of shutting out the background noise and distractions, of slowing down and simply being alone with our thoughts." –Carl Honoré
Today I find I am feeling quite unmotivated to write at all. Maybe it's the heat, maybe it's my mood (blahhhhhh) but today is the sort of day where I really just want to sit in my room, with the door closed and do...
Despite my best efforts I have accomplished some things today.
- I went for a walk by the river where I sat for a bit and cried, because I was sad and well...crying seemed appropriate.
- I started baked beans in the crock pot. They will be done soon and I will be able to accomplish something else, eating them.
- I took a nap.
- I ate a sandwich.
- I ate a slice of quiche.
- I did my monthly new moon tarot reading (yes..two days late, I know, I know)
- Watched a documentary on South American traditional medicine.
- Pet the cat.
- Read a chapter of a book while sitting on the front porch.
- Watched a Ted Talk on posture and spent about 15 minutes trying to improve mine.
- I wrote in my journal.
Apparently I'm not all that good at doing nothing, especially since I can now add writing today's blog post to the list.