I visited the Imagination Prompt Generator again today...
If I had 15 minutes to evacuate my home before it was to be destroyed by a hurricane, what 10 things would I grab (not including people or pets)?
I'm assuming of course that I am going someplace that has food, water and other survival basics; otherwise you can guarantee that coffee, my french press and the contents of my fridge would be on this list.
1.Whatever clothes I can stuff into my suitcase (likely to include all my underwear & socks, a sweater, a few shirts, jeans, my red dress, and my dance skirt).
2. My laptop because it has all of my music and the hurricane must be blogged about.
3. My phone and charger
4. My purse (which contains my journal, identification, medications and a spare toothbrush)
5. My craft bag (and the five projects in it)
6. My cast iron pan
7. Whatever candy I have in the house
8. My vanity case and its contents (which includes a mini-first aid kit)
9. My sewing kit
10. The drum bag (which contains a mazur, a riq, my zills and a tambourine)
I don't think I'd have trouble grabbing all of this in 15 minutes as most of it is already in bags so the only thing that would be packed is my suitcase. I'm not concerned about photos or other mementos. What I'd really like to do is to make sure that I had what I needed to rebuild my life and for me that means my creative supplies. The cast iron pan is far too useful to leave behind and the candy is for immediate comfort and to share; jelly beans in a hurricane can be a necessity.
What would you take with you?